Half a year ago, I wrote about serial_test hitting 4 million downloads and the possibility of releasing a 1.0 with where it was so far. Well, features and ideas keep coming in, and that didn't happen at that point. OTOH, we've now hit 7 million downloads and the day has finally come for the 1.0 release! This is identical to the 0.10 release (barring a tiny test dependency upgrade), but let's talk a bit about what's come in since my last blog post on this:
parallelattribute ("run at the same time as other
paralleltests but not at the same time as other
serialtests"), but with support for file-based locking e.g. as used for integration tests as they have separate programs and so can't do the normal locking methods.
paralleltest, the locks didn't properly unlock, which is now fixed.
set_max_waitstuff, but it then got later removed as the entire timeout mechanism was a) not really solving the problem they were there to fix and b) causing confusion for users who expected it to act as a "timeout this test" mechanism
Quite a few things! Every time I think we've found the entire set of sensible things for this library, the users come up with something new that fits in or some odd corner case, which certainly keeps me interested in working on it.